hauntverb [ T ]uk /hɔːnt/ us /hɑːnt/
haunt verb [ T ] (REPEATEDLY TROUBLE)
Fighting in Vietnam was an experience that would haunt him for the rest of his life. 越南战争的经历给他日后的生活留下了挥之不去的阴影。
- Memories of the semifinal defeat haunted him for the rest of his career.
- His experiences in the prison camp continued to haunt him.
- She was haunted by memories of her unhappy childhood.
- The novel tells the story of a soldier haunted by the events of the war.
- The experience of failure continues to haunt him.