heart noun (ORGAN)
heart noun (EMOTIONS)
I love you with all my heart (= very much). 我深爱着你。
He said he'd never marry but he had a change of heart (= his feelings changed) when he met her. 他说永远都不结婚，可是碰到她后他改变了主意。
Homelessness is a subject very close/dear to her heart (= is very important to her and she has strong feelings about it). 她非常关心无家可归者的问题。
old-fashioned It does my heart good (= makes me very happy) to see those children so happy. 看到那些孩子如此快乐，我很开心。
heart noun (CENTRAL PART)
Let's get to the heart of the matter. 让我们考虑一下最关键的事情。
artichoke hearts 洋蓟心
the heart of a lettuce 生菜心
- These are changes that attack the very heart of British society.
- By its nature, terrorism is designed to strike at the heart of our democratic values.
- They live in a two-bedroomed house in the heart of suburbia.
- He had a key job at the heart of government.
- They've got a fabulous apartment in the heart of Paris.