There are 24 hours in a day. 1天有24小时。
How many hours' sleep do you need? 你需要睡多少个小时？
I'll be back in an hour's/two hours' time (= after one/two hours). 我会在一小时／两小时之后回来。
My hometown is an hour from Houston/an hour away (= it takes an hour to travel there). 那个村庄离唐克斯特／这儿有一小时的路程。
He gets paid by the hour (= gets a particular amount of money for each hour he works). 他拿的是按小时计酬的工资。
Buses leave at ten minutes past/to the hour (= at ten past/to one o'clock, two o'clock, etc.). 公共汽车每整点过10分／差10分发一班车。
Our opening hours are from 8.00 to 6.00. 我们的开放时间是8点到6点。
work long, regular, unsocial, etc. hours
at all hours (of the day and night) C1 disapproving
- She walks the dog for an hour every afternoon.
- The trip from York to Newcastle takes about an hour by train.
- We had to queue for three hours to get in.
- All the new toys kept the kids occupied for hours.
- As a teacher you could expect to be paid anywhere between £7 and £15 per hour.