hurtverb [ I or T ]uk /hɜːt/ us /hɝːt/ hurt, hurt
Tell me where it hurts. 告诉我哪儿疼。
My head hurts. 我的头疼。
She says that her ear hurts her. 她说她的耳朵疼。
- Granny says if she stands (up) for a long time her ankles hurt.
- "My finger hurts," wailed the child.
- My throat is so sore that it really hurts when I swallow.
- The lights are too bright in here - they're hurting my eyes.
- It was an innocent remark, I didn't mean to hurt his feelings.
hurtadjective [ after verb ]uk /hɜːt/ us /hɝːt/
Let me help you up. Are you hurt? 我来扶你起来。你伤到哪儿没有？
Put that knife away before someone gets hurt. 把那把刀收起来别伤着人。
I feel very hurt by what you said. 你说的话让我很伤心。
- I heard about the accident. Is anyone hurt?
- He fell off the stage but he's all right - it was only his pride that got hurt!
- Reports say that ten children and two teachers are hurt, but none seriously.
- She is suffering from hurt feelings after a fierce encounter with the boss this morning.
- The creature was hurt and distressed and had to be handled with caution.