identitynoun [ C or U ]uk /aɪˈden.tə.ti/ us /aɪˈden.t̬ə.t̬i/
The man's identity was being kept secret while he was helping police with enquiries. 这个男子在协助警方调查时，他的身份是保密的。
The informant was given a new identity (= a different name and new official documents) for protection. 给了检举人一个新身份以作保护。
The newspaper photo apparently showed him in Rome but it was a case of mistaken identity (= it was the wrong person). 报纸上的照片似乎显示他在罗马，但其实那个人不是他。
- He was quite certain about his attacker's identity.
- He assumed a false identity in order to escape from the police.
- To conceal his identity, the man's words are being read by an actor.
- Through a process of deduction , the detectives discovered the identity of the killer.
- Australia has its own cultural identity, which is very different from that of Britain.