importverb [ T ]uk /ɪmˈpɔːt/ us /ˈɪm.pɔːrt/
the spelling of imported words
imported files 导入的文件
- In some countries, importing drugs is a capital offence.
- The business imports rugs from India.
- The fruit had been imported from Spain.
- The country is importing energy from foreign suppliers.
- How do I import these files onto the hard disk?
import noun (BRINGING IN)
an import licence 进口许可证
import duties 进口税
- Further increases in imports could destabilize the economy.
- They have put an embargo on imports of clothing.
- Continued rapid growth in consumer spending will suck in more imports.
- The programme aims to make the country self-sufficient in food production and to cut energy imports.
- The tobacco industry loses millions every year due to parallel imports.