land noun (DRY SURFACE)
The treaty has led to a dramatic reduction in the number of land-based missiles in Europe. 该条约的签订导致了欧洲陆基导弹的数量大幅减少。
- The farmer grazes cattle on this land in the summer months.
- This stretch of land was once covered with luxuriant forest, but is now bare.
- There are several plots of land for sale.
- The refugees were at sea for 40 days before reaching land.
- This path marks the dividing line between my land and my neighbour's.
land noun (COUNTRY)
land verb (ARRIVE)
We should land in Madrid at 7 a.m. 我们将于早上7点钟飞抵马德里。
We landed at Port Said in the early evening. 傍晚时分我们乘船抵达赛伊德港。
- One of the plane's engines cut out, so they had to land with only one.
- Air traffic control at Heathrow have given us clearance to land in 20 minutes.
- Unlike other spacecraft, the shuttle can glide back through the atmosphere, land safely, and be reused.
- There was a good-sized crowd at the airport waiting for the plane to land.
- By the grace of God, the pilot managed to land the damaged plane safely.