leadernoun [ C ]uk /ˈliː.dər/ us /ˈliː.dɚ/
leader noun [ C ] (CONTROLLING)
a religious leader 宗教领袖
He's a natural leader. 他天生就是个领导。
- He was a good strong leader, she said, who deserved his party's unreserved support.
- The leader of the religious sect and 30 of his followers killed themselves in a suicide pact last year.
- We asked him to stay on as youth leader for another year.
- The steelworkers' leader rejected the 2% pay-rise saying it was an insult to the profession.
- As project leader, you will have to allocate jobs to people.
leader noun [ C ] (WINNING)
- She was way behind the leaders.
- They are leaders in the fashion market.
- The leader of the race was overtaken on the last lap.
- They are global leaders in the drugs industry.
- We have a better product than the market leaders.