leakverb [ I or T ]uk /liːk/ us /liːk/
leak verb [ I or T ] (LIQUID/GAS)
Water was leaking from the pipe. 水正从管子里漏出来。
Oil leaked out of the car. 油从车里漏了出来。
The tin was leaking. 罐漏了。
- The kitchen roof is apt to leak when it rains.
- Make sure the bucket doesn't leak.
- Water was leaking all over the floor.
- My boots are leaking.
- The tank was leaking petrol everywhere.
leak verb [ I or T ] (INFORMATION)
leaknoun [ C ]uk /liːk/ us /liːk/
leak noun [ C ] (LIQUID/GAS)
- A leak in the gas mains caused a major explosion.
- There's a gas leak and the whole building could go up at any moment.
- Have you plugged that leak in the pipe?
- The chemical leak had poisoned the water supply.
- There was a leak in one of the pipes and water was squirting out all over the kitchen floor.