leave verb (GO AWAY)
I'll be leaving at five o'clock tomorrow. 我明天早晨5点钟离开。
- I didn't leave the office until eight o'clock last night.
- A young girl was crying, protesting that she didn't want to leave her mother.
- We gathered our things together and left quickly.
- Soon we had left the river estuary and were heading towards the open sea .
- Your flight to Perth will leave from Terminal 4.
leave verb (NOT TAKE)
Can I leave a message for Sue? 我可以给休留个口信吗？
leave verb (REMAIN)
[ + two objects ] If I give you €50 that won't leave me enough cash to pay the bill. 如果我给你10英镑我剩下的钱就不够付账了。
Leave that chair where it is. 把那把椅子留在原处。
leave verb (STOP)
leave verb (WAIT)
leave verb (AFTER DEATH)
leave verb (GIVE RESPONSIBILITY)
I left the decision (up) to her. 我让她来决定这件事情。
leave noun (HOLIDAY)
She's (gone) on leave (= holiday). 她去休假了。