levelnoun [ C ]us uk /ˈlev.əl/
level noun [ C ] (HEIGHT)
B2 the height of something高度
- Fish struggle for survival when the water level drops in the lake.
- The top of Mount Everest is 8,848 m above sea level.
- "How tall is he next to you?" "Oh, about so big, " she said, indicating the level of her neck.
- The grass has grown nearly to the level of the windows!
- The bullet entered the body at chest level.
level noun [ C ] (ABILITY)
The exam can be taken at three levels. 这种考试分为3个级别。
level noun [ C ] (FLOOR)
level noun [ C ] (RANK)
at local/national level
- On a personal level, they came to be cordially disliked.
- E-commerce is presenting a lot of new jobs at entry level.
- The new law met with a good deal of opposition at local level.
- He reached ministerial level in the Diplomatic Service.
- The central office sets/establishes the parameters which guide policy at the local level.
level noun [ C ] (TOOL)
level adjective (AT SAME HEIGHT)
level adjective (FLAT)
level adjective (EQUAL)
Pieretti would have to win the next three stages in order to draw level with (= reach the same position as) Le Sage in the Tour de France. 基亚普齐必须在此次环法自行车赛后面的3个赛段中取胜才能赶上因杜拉因。