lift verb (RAISE)
They're lifting potatoes. 他们正在挖马铃薯。
- "Can you lift this case?" "It depends on how heavy it is."
- When I lifted the log, there were lots of beetles skittering about under it.
- He lifts weights after work to let off steam.
- I could hardly lift my head off the pillow this morning I was so tired.
- Can you lift your arm at all, or is it too painful?
lift verb (TAKE HOLD)
- They lifted him off the bed.
- Can you lift the box onto the table?
- We lifted the vases down from the cupboard.
- He lifted his leg painfully off the stool.
- She lifted the cups carefully out of their boxes.
lift verb (MAKE LOUD)
lift verb (MAKE INTERESTING)
lift verb (MAKE HAPPY)
lift verb (GO AWAY)
lift verb (END)
lift noun (CARRYING DEVICE)
Take the lift to the sixth floor. 乘电梯到6楼。
- The lift isn't working.
- We got stuck in the lift.
- Take the lift to the top floor.
- We went up in the lift.
- He is scared to go in lifts.