light noun (BRIGHTNESS)
a bright light 明亮的光线
light noun (FLAME)
light adjective (NOT HEAVY)
A2 not weighing a lot轻的；轻便的
He's a few pounds lighter than he used to be. 他的体重比以前轻了几磅。
- Will you be able to carry these bags to the car? There're quite light.
- This umbrella is very light and it fits easily into my bag.
- I can't carry you around any more - you're not as light as you were, my girl!
- My suitcase is fairly light as I didn't have time to pack very much.
- The kitten was so light I could hardly feel it sitting on my lap.
light adjective (BRIGHT)
light adjective (PALE)
light adjective (NOT SERIOUS)
I want some light reading for the summer holidays - a romance or something. 暑假里我想读点轻松的东西——比如言情小说之类的。
make light of sth
light adjective (NOT MUCH)
light adjective (MEAL/DRINK)
light adjective (NOT SEVERE)
a little light housework 一点儿家务活儿
light verb (START FLAMES)
to light a fire 点火
I can't get the cooker to light. 我无法点燃煤气灶。