locate verb (BE SITUATED)
be located in, near, on, etc.
- The pharmacy is located within the hospital.
- The school is located near the river.
- The houses will be located on the outskirts of town.
- The palace was located in the middle of a forest.
- The factory was located too close to a residential area.
locate verb (FIND)
- Engineers are endeavouring to locate the source of the problem.
- Using their high-tech wizardry, the police were able to locate the owners of the stolen property within hours of it being seized.
- Sniffer dogs located the drugs.
- They were unable to locate the murder weapon.
- We are trying to locate a new supplier for our coffee.