look verb (SEE)
Look! There's grandma. 瞧！奶奶在那里。
I looked out (of) the window. 我朝窗外望去。
Look over there - there's a rainbow! 看那里——有一道彩虹！
- She heard a sudden noise behind her, and swung round to look behind her.
- I wish you'd look at me when I'm trying to speak to you!
- Be careful to look both ways when you cross the road.
- She ambled down the street, stopping occasionally to look in the shop windows.
- He slid the letter into his pocket while no one was looking.
look verb (SEARCH)
I'm looking for my keys. 我在找钥匙。
Have you looked in the dictionary? 你查字典了吗？
look verb (SEEM)
You look well! 你看起来气色不错！
It's looking good (= things are going well). 事情进展顺利。
look verb (DIRECTION)
look verb (WARNING)
look verb (HOPE)
look noun (WITH EYES)
look noun (SEARCH)
look noun (APPEARANCE)
She had a worried look about her. 她一脸焦急的神情。
She gave me a questioning look. 她疑惑地看着我。
the look of sb/sth