make sth up
— phrasal verb with make uk /meɪk/ us /meɪk/ verb made, made
- They made up an excuse not to go to the meeting.
- She told us stories about her family, but they were all made up.
- There was no fire - he made it all up.
- If you can't think what to write, just make something up.
- I made up a few words about his role in the company.
Could you make up a list of all the things that need to be done? 你能否将要做的所有事情列张清单？
He asked the man behind the counter to make up a box with a selection of chocolates. 他让售货员拼凑了一盒各式各样的巧克力。