manage verb (SUCCEED)
I can't manage all this work on my own. 我自己一人无法完成全部工作。
Don't worry about us - we'll manage! 别担心我们——我们能应付！
- The car's quite full, but we could manage to squeeze another couple of people in.
- How did you manage to get such a great job?
- I don't know how actors manage to learn all those lines.
- I'm afraid I have to go out for a while - will you be able to manage on your own?
- How do you manage to work in this heat without air conditioning?
manage verb (CONTROL)
He's not very good at managing people. 他不是很善于领导别人。
When you have a job as well as children to look after, you have to learn how to manage your time. 当你既要工作又要照顾孩子时，就必须学会如何分配时间。
- I saw a harried-looking mother at the checkout trying to manage two small children and a mountain of shopping.
- This mousse says it's designed to make hair glossy and easier to manage.
- This is my first experience of managing other people, but I need to appear confident.
- Derek manages our Agricultural Division.
- There must be a better way to manage our household finances than this!