marketnoun [ C ]uk /ˈmɑː.kɪt/ us /ˈmɑːr.kɪt/
market noun [ C ] (BUYING AND SELLING)
We estimate the potential market for the new phones to be around one million people in this country alone. 我们预计，仅在这个国家新型电话的潜在市场就有100万人左右。
the coffee market 咖啡市场
the economic market 经济市场
the commodities market 商品市场
the stock market 股票市场
the job market 就业市场
the housing market 房产市场
in the market for sth
on the market
- He's not certain whether to invest in the property market.
- The company plans to make a big push into the European market next spring.
- This is the cheapest version on the market, which is its great selling point.
- We're working on new strategies to improve our share of the market.
- Is there really a market out there for another women's magazine?
market noun [ C ] (PLACE)
a craft market 工艺品市场
- He runs a fruit and vegetable stall in the market.
- The villagers grow coffee and maize to sell in the market.
- It's traditional that you haggle over the price of things in the market.
- Jonathan doesn't miss a trick! If there's a bargain to be had at the market, he'll find it.
- The gaily striped awnings of the little shops and market stalls made an attractive scene.
marketverb [ T ]uk /ˈmɑː.kɪt/ us /ˈmɑːr.kɪt/