meet verb (FOR THE FIRST TIME)
They met at work. 他们是在工作时认识的。
I met her in Hawaii. 我在夏威夷认识了她。
Would you like to meet my sister? 你愿意认识一下我姐姐吗？
meet verb (COME TOGETHER)
A1 [ I or T ] to come together with someone intentionally（与…）会面，会合
It's always awkward when you meet someone you know but you can't remember their name. 遇到你认识的人但却记不起他们的名字总会让人很尴尬。
Guess who I met in town today. 猜猜今天我在城里遇到了谁。
meet verb (SATISFY)
- This type of computer is too slow and inflexible to meet many business needs.
- Can the sales force meet its financial objectives?
- They threatened to blow up the plane if their demands were not met.
- They agreed to raise the trade embargo if three conditions were met.
- His latest book met all my expectations.
meet verb (PLACE)