might modal verb (MAY)
- "I thought you might have helped, " she replied peevishly.
- He wrote to me last week regarding a business proposition he thought might interest me.
- Jan hasn't got a ticket but I thought we might sneak her in.
- I suggested that a cup of tea might settle her stomach.
- I've brought with me an article from yesterday's paper that I thought might amuse you.
might modal verb (POSSIBILITY)
Driving so fast, he might have had a nasty accident (= it could have happened but it did not). 他开得这么快，早就可能出大事的。
- He hesitated before ringing her, fearful of what she might say.
- I waited in all evening in the fond hope that he might call.
- I might go along to the party later.
- You should hang onto that painting - it might be valuable one day.
- Keep a lookout for small objects that a baby might swallow.
might modal verb (PERMISSION)
（用于请求许可，语气较 may 更婉转）可以，能
- Might I borrow your pen?
- He asked if he might accompany her.
- Might I sit with you?
might modal verb (SUGGESTION)
- You might like to stay an extra night.
- You might prefer a stronger drink?
- I thought you might like to consider a holiday.