mix verb (COMBINE)
Oil and water don't mix. Even if you shake them together they separate into two layers. 油与水不相融合。即使你将其混在一起摇晃，它们也会分为两层。
mix verb (BE WITH PEOPLE)
mix verb (RECORD MUSIC)
mix noun (COMBINE)
- The earth's core is a hot, molten mix of iron and nickel.
- The factory's workforce reflects the ethnic mix from which it draws its labour.
- His choreography is described as 'a hybrid mix of mime and circus tricks'.
- Their music was a mix of old stuff and selections from the new album.
- The result was to further unbalance the monetary-fiscal policy mix and to push up the pound.