modelnoun [ C ]uk /ˈmɒd.əl/ us /ˈmɑː.dəl/
model noun [ C ] (COPY)
Even Chris, the very model of calmness (= someone who is usually extremely calm), was angered by having to work such long hours. 甚至连一贯极为冷静的克里斯也为不得不工作这么长时间而生气。
- Throughout the ordeal of her husband's funeral, Mrs Kennedy was a model of deportment .
- He was the very model of a gentleman - he behaved perfectly.
- She seems to think that my niece is a model child, unlike my kids!
- The team decided to set up a sixth form college on the same model, except smaller.
- Jack was a superb manager and his department soon became a model for all the others to emulate.
model noun [ C ] (PERSON)
She's going out with a male model. 她在和一个男模特儿谈恋爱。
model noun [ C ] (MACHINE)
a luxury/new model 豪华／新型汽车
the latest model 最新车型
- They've copied the basic design from the Japanese model and added a few of their own refinements.
- Our latest model of phone has several new features.
- Our marketing people have come up with a great idea for the launch of the new model.
- The advantage of the smaller model is its greater portability.
- The company's new model will be going into production early next year.
model noun [ C ] (REPRESENTATION)
By looking at this model you can get a better idea of how the bridge will look. 看这个模型，你可以更清楚了解该桥的样子。