movement noun (POSITION CHANGE)
For a long time after the accident, he had no movement in (= was unable to move) his legs. 出事以后的很长时间里，他的腿都不能动。
- With one movement, she disarmed the man and pinned him against the wall.
- A sharp tap on the knee usually causes an involuntary movement of the lower leg.
- The movement of the ship caused the mast to sway from side to side.
- Satellite photographs provide us with a lot of information about their troop movements.
- Some people run their lives according to the movements of the stars.
movement noun (GROUP OF PEOPLE)
movement noun (CHANGE OPINION)
There has been a movement towards more women going back to work while their children are still young. 现在有一种倾向，越来越多的妇女在孩子尚年幼时便重返工作。