nerve noun (BODY)
the optic nerve 视神经
a spinal nerve 脊神经
nerve damage 神经损伤
nerve fibres 神经纤维
- A neurotransmitter is a chemical that nerve cells use to communicate with each other and with muscles.
- The newspaper article touched a raw nerve - people still resent the closure of the local school.
- Repairing damaged nerves is a very delicate operation.
- The drug paralyses the nerves so that there is no feeling or movement in the legs.
- The nerves are protected by thin sheaths of fatty tissue.
nerve noun (COURAGE)
nerve noun (WORRY)
nerves [ plural ]
nerve noun (RUDENESS)
[ + to infinitive ] She's late for work every day, but she still has the nerve to lecture me about punctuality. 她天天迟到，居然还有脸教训我要准时。
That man has some nerve! He's always blaming me for things that are his fault. 那人真是无耻！有些事明明是他的过错，他却总来责备我。
UK also That man has such a nerve!