night noun (DARK PERIOD)
It gets cold at night. 夜间天气转凉。
I spent the night at Ted's. 我在特德家里过的夜。
- The snow came down during the night.
- I'm not feeling very alert today - not enough sleep last night!
- They work during the night and sleep by day.
- We were woken in the night by the wail of ambulance sirens.
- Get a good night's sleep and you'll feel better able to cope.
night noun (EVENING)
Let's go out on Saturday night. 我们周六晚上去跳舞好吗？
When's the last night of your show? 你什么时候演最后一场？
night-night child's expression
› used as another way of saying good night, usually by or to children晚安
the other night
a night out
- She comperes that awful game show on Saturday night.
- It was lovely to see your mum and dad at the school concert last night.
- I've been out every night this week.
- They did a charity performance on the first night, to raise money for AIDS research.
- I loved that dress you had on last night.