occasionnoun [ C ]uk /əˈkeɪ.ʒən/ us /əˈkeɪ.ʒən/
The 200th anniversary of Mozart's death was the occasion for hundreds of special films, books and concerts. 为纪念莫扎特逝世200周年，出现了数以百计的专题电影、书籍及音乐会。
- I'd like to thank everyone concerned for making the occasion run so smoothly.
- Is this an appropriate occasion to discuss finance?
- The funeral was a sombre occasion.
- As it was such a special occasion, she permitted herself a small glass of champagne.
- Her dress was too showy for such a formal occasion.