other determiner (ADDITIONAL)
The plan has been opposed by schools, businesses and other local organizations. 该计划遭到了学校、企业及其他当地组织的反对。
- Circulars and other junk mail go straight in the bin.
- The site links to about 24 other sites offering clip art.
- This drug can be safely used in combination with other medicines.
- The country has vast oil reserves and rich deposits of other minerals.
- Mr Savino has been charged with three murders as well as a whole slew of other crimes.
other determiner (OPPOSITE)
the other side/end (of sth)
other determiner (DIFFERENT)
He likes travelling abroad and learning about other people's customs and traditions. 他喜欢到国外去旅行，并了解其他民族的风俗习惯。
the other day, week, etc.
C1 different from or except不同于；除了
in other words
or other C1 informal
- All her life she had a childlike trust in other people.
- There's no harm in applying for other jobs, but if I were you, I wouldn't advertise the fact at work.
- The professor was a real Jekyll and Hyde - sometimes kind and charming, and at other times rude and obnoxious.
- The president urged other countries to lift the trade restrictions.
- Children need to be taught to have respect for other people's property.
others [ plural ]
- I lived on my own for a while but I missed the companionship of others.
- Perhaps some systems of government are more corruptible than others.
- This is one possible solution to the problem. However, there are others.
- Some words are more difficult to spell than others.
- Some college courses have stiffer entry requirements than others.
B2 more ones别的，其他的
- At the top of the hill I switched off the engine and we just coasted down the other side.
- Trouble broke out in the match when one of the players called a member of the other team a cheat.
- When you run, each foot leaves the ground before the other comes down.
- This cable should have a plug at one end and a socket at the other.
- Roughly half (of) the class are Spanish and the others are a mixture of nationalities.