ownernoun [ C ]uk /ˈəʊ.nər/ us /ˈoʊ.nɚ/
B1 someone who owns something所有者；主人；物主
Are you the owner of this car? 你是这辆车的车主吗？
We still haven't found the dog's owner. 我们还没有找到狗的主人。
- The previous owner of the house had built an extension on the back.
- The painting was restored to its rightful owner.
- It's a typical country estate with a large house for the owner, farm buildings and estate workers' houses.
- The government restructured the coal industry before selling it to private owners.
- The unions assured the new owners of the workers' loyalty to the company.