pennynoun [ C ]uk /ˈpen.i/ us /ˈpen.i/ plural pence p pennies
B1 plural p, pence or pennies abbreviation p the smallest unit of money in the UK, of which there are 100 in a pound, or a small coin worth this much. You use "pence" or, more informally, "p" when you are talking about the units of money and pennies when you are talking about the coins themselves.便士（表示币值时用 pence 或在非正式场合也可用 p，而表示硬币本身时用 pennies）
- He has calculated the costs down to the last penny.
- Ten pence is donated to charity for every bottle sold.
- I keep pennies and other small coins in a jar.
- When we were first married we had to pinch pennies just to get by.
- The machine will only accept 10p coins.