personnoun [ C ]uk /ˈpɜː.sən/ us /ˈpɝː.sən/ plural people formal persons
person noun [ C ] (HUMAN)
A1 a man, woman, or child人
- She's sure to get the job she wants - she's a very determined person.
- I don't know how it's possible for a person to disappear without trace.
- The jury has to decide whether a person is guilty or innocent of a crime.
- I think we've chosen the right person to lead the expedition.
- Who's the most famous person you've ever interviewed on TV?
person noun [ C ] (GRAMMAR)
› specialized language, language used in grammar to describe the verbs and pronouns that refer to the different people in a conversation. The first person ("I" or "we") refers to the person speaking, the second person ("you") refers to the person being spoken to and the third person ("he", "she", "it", or "they") refers to another person or thing being spoken about or described人称（第一人称 I 或 we 指说话人，第二人称 you 指听话的人，第三人称 he， she， it 或 they 指谈到的人或事物）