pitch noun (SPORTS FIELD)
- He was taken to hospital after his collapse on the pitch.
- He dribbled the ball to the edge of the pitch.
- At the end of the match, the pitch was a real quagmire.
- Unfortunately the game was cancelled because of a waterlogged pitch.
- The football pitch was absolutely sodden.
pitch noun (LEVEL)
pitch noun (PERSUASION)
The man in the shop gave me his (sales) pitch about quality and reliability. 商店里的那个男人对我大谈质量上乘信誉可靠之类的推销行话。
She made a pitch for the job but she didn't get it. 她竭力争取这份工作，但却未得到。
pitch noun (SLOPE)
pitch noun (BLACK SUBSTANCE)
pitch verb (MOVE)