We're carrying out/conducting a poll to find out what people think about abortion. 我们正在进行一项民意调查，了解人们对堕胎的看法。
the polls [ plural ]
- A poll was conducted to gauge consumers' attitudes.
- 68% of those questioned in the poll thought noise levels had increased.
- The poll showed that over 40% of Americans worship on a weekly basis.
- In a recent opinion poll, a majority of respondents were against nuclear weapons.
- A straw poll of local inhabitants concluded that British tourists were the worst dressed and Italians the most stylish.