possible adjective (CAN ACHIEVE)
I can't get it all done by Friday - it's just not possible. 我星期五前无法全部完成——是不可能的。
They got as far as was humanly possible (= as far as anyone could have) before turning back. 他们折回来前已尽力能走多远就走多远了。
- I have tried to keep my translation as faithful as possible to the original book.
- The judge made an example of him and gave him the maximum possible sentence.
- Rescuers are doing everything that is humanly possible to free the trapped people.
- If atmospheric conditions are right, it may be possible to see this group of stars tonight.
- With today's technology almost anything seems possible.
possible adjective (NOT CERTAIN)
- It's just possible that we might be going away that weekend.
- She's researching into possible cures for AIDS.
- Here is a list of possible answers. Please delete as appropriate.
- This is one possible solution to the problem. However, there are others.
- Investigators have studied the possible effects of contamination.