prepareverb [ I or T ]uk /prɪˈpeər/ us /prɪˈper/
[ + obj + to infinitive ] Are the players mentally and physically prepared to play a tough game? 运动员们是否已经在思想上和体能上对这场艰苦的比赛作好了准备？
- I was busily preparing for their arrival.
- The sixth-form students are preparing to take their A levels.
- I don't think you appreciate how much time I spent preparing this meal.
- Flushed with success after their surprise win against Italy, Belgium are preparing for Saturday's game against Spain.
- I hadn't prepared a speech so I just said a few words off the cuff.