probabilitynoun [ C or U ]uk /ˌprɒb.əˈbɪl.ə.ti/ us /ˌprɑː.bəˈbɪl.ə.t̬i/
What is the probability of winning? 获胜的可能性有多大？
Until yesterday, the project was just a possibility, but now it has become a real probability (= it is likely to happen). 到昨天为止这项计划还只是可能，但现在看来真的会实现。
in all probability
- What's the probability of that happening?
- There's a strong probability that we'll have moved by then.
- There's a distinct probability that Philip will be there.
- There's a high probability that she'll get the job.
- Against all probability we found ourselves in the same hotel.