processnoun [ C ]uk /ˈprəʊ.ses/ us /ˈprɑː.ses/
the peace process 和平进程
The party has begun the painful (= difficult) process of rethinking its policies and strategy. 该党开始了重新审视其政策和战略的艰难历程。
the digestive process 消化过程
the ageing process 衰老的过程
- Warm air rises by the process of convection.
- Her conversion to Buddhism was a very gradual process.
- Repairing damaged nerves is a very delicate process.
- An enzyme in the saliva of the mouth starts the process of breaking down the food.
- A refining process is used to extract usable fuel from crude oil.
process verb (DEAL WITH)
I need to get those films processed. 我得把那些胶卷洗出来。
- It usually takes about four weeks to get the forms processed.
- Don't switch the computer off - it's still processing data.
- Sugar is obtained by crushing and processing sugar cane.
- I've sent off the film to be processed.
- They processed my claim really quickly.