progressive adjective (GRADUAL)
There's been a progressive decline in the standard of living over the past few years. 最近几年的生活水平每况愈下。
a progressive disease 慢性病
- Summerhill school is noted for its progressive policies.
- The last few months have seen the progressive meltdown of the country's political system.
- The progressive form is often referred to as the continuous form of the verb.
- We are currently witnessing a progressive decline in the number of students entering higher education.
- The area has suffered a progressive reduction in house prices.
progressive adjective (MODERN)
progressive adjective (TAX)
progressive adjective (GRAMMAR)
"He's working hard at the moment" is an example of the present progressive form of the verb "work". He's working hard at the moment 是动词 work 的现在进行式的一个例子。