pronounceverb [ T ]uk /prəˈnaʊns/ us /prəˈnaʊns/
pronounce verb [ T ] (MAKE SOUND)
Sade, pronounced shah-day, is a singer. Sade，读作 Shah-day，是一位歌手。
- Have I pronounced your name correctly?
- The year 1705 is usually pronounced seventeen o five.
- She pronounced Leicester phonetically as "Ley-ces-ter', but really we say "Lester".
- Don't you hate the way she speaks, pronouncing each single consonant so precisely.
- The phonetic alphabet shows you how to pronounce unfamiliar words.
pronounce verb [ T ] (TO STATE)
[ + obj + noun/adj ] He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival. 他被送往医院，到了医院就被宣布已死亡。
"Have I met him?" "You have indeed - I recall you pronounced the man (= said that he was) a fool." “我见过他吗？”“你确实见过——我记得你说这个人是傻瓜。”