proper adjective (REAL)
This is Sara's first proper job - she usually does temporary work just for the money. 这是萨拉的第一份正式工作——她通常只是为了挣钱而打零工。
- Passengers without proper documentation will not be allowed to travel.
- You shouldn't rush headfirst into starting your own business without proper advice.
- When riding a bicycle, you should wear the proper headgear.
- You have to ensure your child receives a proper education.
- She wants a proper white wedding.
proper adjective (SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE)
[ + to infinitive ] In those days it was considered not quite proper for young ladies to be seen talking to men in public. 在那个年月，年轻女子被人看见在公共场合与男子谈话会被认为不成体统。