protectionnoun [ U ]uk /prəˈtek.ʃən/ us /prəˈtek.ʃən/
New legislation still does not offer adequate protection for many endangered species. 新的法律还是没有给许多濒临灭绝的物种提供充分的保护。
› informal for protection money保护费
Did you use any protection? 你用了避孕套吗？
- The hut afforded little protection from the elements.
- Zoos fulfil an important function in the protection of rare species.
- The protection of the environment must be our first priority today.
- It's a wilderness area, under the protection of the Parks Department.
- The key witness for the prosecution was offered police protection after she received death threats.