The purpose of the research is to try to find out more about the causes of the disease. 研究的目的是试图进一步探寻引起这种疾病的原因。
Her main/primary purpose in suing the newspaper for libel was to clear her name. 她控告这家报纸诽谤的主要目的是澄清她的清白。
Letters whose sole purpose is to make a political point will not be published. 以宣扬政治观点为唯一目的的来信是不会被发表的。
Parenthood would give him a sense of purpose. 身为人父会让他变得有意志。
› [ C ] a need需要
serve a purpose
- This room has a dual purpose, serving as both a study and a dining room.
- Let's try to concentrate on the main purpose of this meeting.
- The money is intended to be used for specific purposes.
- The paper charged her with using the company's money for her own purposes.
- You probably think I'm here to deliver your newsletter, but actually I've come for a very different purpose.