The two situations are quite different. 两种情况截然不同。
quite the best, worst, etc. mainly UK formal old-fashioned
- You've made your position quite clear .
- There's quite a collection of toothbrushes in the bathroom.
- If you compare house prices in the two areas, it's quite amazing how different they are.
- I'm not quite sure how to get there - I'd better consult a map.
- She always coveted power but never quite achieved it.
A2 a little or a lot but not completely相当，很，颇
It would be quite a nuisance to write to everyone. 给所有人都写信准是件麻烦事。
- She seemed quite chirpy this morning.
- Three hours is quite a chunk out of my working day.
- The journey was quite quick because the road was clear .
- Shall we call in on Miranda? You know she lives quite close-by.
- She was quite affable at the meeting.