quote verb (SAY)
He's always quoting from the Bible. 他总是引用《圣经》上的话。
"If they're flexible, we're flexible", the official was quoted as saying. 援引那位官员的话说：“如果他们能变通，我们也能变通。”
- In all future letters on this subject, please quote our reference JW/155/C/1991.
- I can't quote the exact statistics for you offhand, but they're there for you to see in the report.
- The article quoted an unnamed source from the White House.
- At the beginning of his speech he quoted a line from 'Macbeth'.
- I think it's a crazy idea, but don't quote me on that.