realize verb (BECOME AWARE)
They didn't realize the danger they were in. 他们没有意识到自己身处危险之中。
[ + (that) ] "Do you realize (that) this is the third time you've forgotten?" she said angrily. “你知不知道这已经是你第三次忘记这件事了？”她生气地说。
- I didn't realize we had to write each answer on a new sheet of paper.
- If we carry this argument to its logical conclusion, we realize that further investment is not a good idea.
- As she drew closer I realized that I knew her.
- He looked somewhat shamefaced when he realized his mistake.
- Her voice tapered off as she realized everyone was listening.
realize verb (ACHIEVE)