ring noun (CIRCLE)
a drug ring 贩毒团伙
a spy ring 间谍网
a gas ring 煤气灶
an electric ring 电热灶火圈
a boxing ring 拳击台
rings [ plural ]
- She accidentally dropped her ring down a drain in the road.
- Muhammad Ali's showmanship in the ring shouldn't detract from his considerable skill.
- She sat there nervously twisting the ring around on her finger.
- The jeweller skillfully engraved the initials on the ring.
- His arm was manacled to a ring on the wall.
ring noun (PHONE)
ring noun (SOUND)
ring verb (PHONE)
The boss rang (in) to say he'll be back at 4.30. 老板打电话（到办公室）说他在4点30分回来。
UK I rang round the airlines (= called many of them) to find out the cheapest price. 我给多家航空公司一一打电话，想知道哪一家的机票最便宜。
- "I'm sorry I forgot to ring you." "Oh, don't worry."
- "Margot rang to say she's too busy to come." "She would - she always has an excuse."
- That decorator you rang about painting the house - did he ever return your call?
- If anyone rings for me, please tell them I'll be back in the office at four o'clock.
- I've just rung him but there was no answer.
ring verb (MAKE SOUND)
ring verb (CIRCLE)