room noun (PLACE)
I like this room - it has plenty of light.
a bedroom 卧室
a bathroom 浴室
a dining room 餐厅
a living room 起居室
rooms [ plural ] UK old-fashioned
- Leave the windows open to let the room air a bit.
- The room was dimly lit.
- I think this room has got a lot of potential.
- Hotel guests are requested to vacate their rooms by twelve noon.
- We asked for adjoining rooms.
room noun (SPACE)
Is there (enough/any) room for me in the car? 我还能坐进车里去吗／车里还有我坐的地儿吗？
- If we push the table back against the wall, we'll have more room.
- Come and stay with us - we've got bags of room.
- Scoot over and make room for your sister.
- We have no room for shirkers in this office.
- Shove over, Lena, and make some room for me.