rush verb (GO/DO QUICKLY)
You can't rush a job like this. 你不应该这样粗粗地赶活。
Don't rush me! 别催我！
- Don't rush - take as long as you like.
- I was rushing along with my head down when I cannoned into an old lady walking the other way.
- He's so impetuous - why can't he think things over before he rushes into them?
- At the given signal, the group rushed forward to the barrier.
- Suddenly the door burst open and police officers carrying guns rushed in.
rush verb (ATTACK)
rush verb (AMERICAN FOOTBALL)
rush noun (HURRY)
Slow down! What's the rush? 慢点！跑那么快干什么？
Everyone seemed to be in a rush. 每个人似乎都是急急忙忙的。
He was in a rush to get home. 他急忙赶回家。
They made a rush at him to get his gun. 他们猛地扑向他去抢他的枪。
the California gold rush 加利福尼亚淘金潮
- In the headlong rush to buy houses, many people got into debt.
- I always do my shopping early to beat the rush.
- Somehow, in the rush to get out of the building, I got separated from my mother.
- I'm in a rush to finish the cleaning before the guests arrive.
- There was a mad rush to get to the front of the queue.