sale noun (SELL)
I haven't made a sale all morning. 我一上午什么都没卖出去。
sales [ U, + sing/pl verb ]
sales [ plural ]
sale or return
- The government passed a law to restrict the sale of guns.
- Eleven million bottles of water had to be withdrawn from sale due to a health scare.
- Proceeds from the sale of the cards go to local charities.
- We'll split the proceeds from the sale.
- We found a buyer for our house, but then the sale fell through.
sale noun (CHEAP PRICE)
a mid-season/end-of-season sale 季中／季末大减价
a clearance/closing-down sale 清仓／歇业大甩卖
on sale A2 mainly US UK usually in the sale
- I got some shoes cheap in the sale.
- Don't miss out on the fantastic bargains in our summer sale.
- She picked up some real bargains in the sale.
- The summer sales are now on.
- I went sale shopping.