satellitenoun [ C ]uk /ˈsæt.əl.aɪt/ us /ˈsæt̬.əl.aɪt/
satellite noun [ C ] (IN SPACE)
satellite television/TV 卫星电视
The moon is Earth's satellite. 月球是地球的卫星。
- The satellite will fragment and burn up as it falls through the earth's atmosphere.
- We hope to bring you a live report from Ouagadougou via our satellite hook-up.
- The concert was beamed by satellite all over the world.
- The satellite will observe objects that are particularly interesting astronomically.
- The arrival of satellite television changed the face of broadcasting.