seat noun (FURNITURE)
Please have/take a seat (= sit down). 请坐。
A car usually has a driver's seat, a front/passenger seat and back/rear seats. 小轿车通常有一个驾驶座、一个前座／客座和几个后排座。
Is this seat free/taken (= is anyone using it)? 这个位子有人吗？
Would you keep (= stop anyone else from sitting in) my seat (for me) while I go get some food? 我去餐车时，你能否帮我看着我的座位？
- Did I take your seat? Do excuse me.
- If you'd like to take a seat, Mr Chang will be with you in a moment.
- The back seat of the car folds down.
- He leaned back in his seat with a sigh.
- Please remain in your seat until the plane comes to a complete stop.
seat noun (BOTTOM PART)
seat noun (POSITION)
He is expected to lose his seat on the city council in next month's elections. 在下个月的选举中，他可能会失去自己在理事会的席位。
She won her seat in Parliament in 2004. 她在1979年当选议员。
seat noun (BASE)
seat yourself [ usually + adv/prep ]